Tuesday 8 February 2011

Programming: 10% Ingenuity, 20% Science, 70% Trying to get the ingenuity to work with the science.

Well I’ve somehow managed to get enough work done to be able to bash out a quick blog. It’s going to be short and sweet today.
I’m doing VB programming at college. Now I know there are some of you out there that will say, “OMFGZZZ THATZ S0 E4ZY!”. Yeah well, congratulations for you. I have such an inability to be able to grasp programming in any form. I canjust about manage JavaScript. Anything else flies over my head faster than a 17 year-old plumber in a 1.7D Astra Van. Nothing makes sense, even with a Step-by-Step tutorial guiding me through it. 
I think it’s something to do with my abysmal skills and understanding with maths. The assumption was, “I won’t need to be able actually work out the sums, because that what you’re writing the program to do!”. Oh how wrong I was. Granted, you may not actually do any of the calculating, but you sure as hell need to know the ergonomics of numeration.
Another problem is the sheer amount of stuff to remember, and to remember what it all does and where you can and should use it. I think it’s a confidence issue.
I spend the majority of the time staring at the code; bubbling with rage when something doesn’t work, and I can’t understand why. 100% of the time, causing me to just break out in a chronic case of oral profanity diarrhea.
I always finish these lessons with incredible mental fatigue. I don’t understand why, because I don’t really make any progress.
After this tutorial, however, we are expected to make OUR OWN game. Such as Space Invaders, Pong or some other classic from the 1800s. It makes me green with anticipation; I have no idea how I’m going to find a way of doing this.
I should’ve just stuck with English Language. At least I’m kind of good at that…
Anyway, like I said - short and sweet.
OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment