Tuesday 8 February 2011

"The things in which we passionately believe: those things are precisely those of which we should be most wary."

So I saw this on Tumblr and decided it would be something good to turn into a blog - because today, I am, in fact, a little short of ideas. 
Anyway, to the point. Was reading a post about the different personalities of people depending on the month that they were born. I would have to say, that upon taking up the task of reading it (and believe me, it is a mammoth task as I don’t normally like to waste my already valuable procrastination time with stupid teeny fantasy nonsense) it found it was pretty accurate. There are points that I think may be wrong. But the sheer amount on the following list, some of it had to be right. In this case most of it, but hell, sceptics gonna’ scept, right? 
For the sake of your sanity, I have edited the following quote by doing away with the exceptionally ‘teeny’ bullshot such as “you are very hott” with TWO t’s, and some minor amendments to the other predictable spelling and grammar happenings that come with this sort of “special and unique” literature:
“June
Fun to be with. Loves to try new things. Secretive. Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people’s feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. Dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hard working. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Waits for friends. Never looks for friends. Not aggressive unless provoked. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.”
Am I fun to be with? That’s not something that I can comfortably answer without making my already inflated ego look bigger. My mates would say I am, otherwise, well, they wouldn’t be my mates, would they? 
Loves to try new things? Yeah, I do. My late mother always taught - nay - demanded that I should always put myself forward to things that are a new experience, whether it be with food or travelling, it’s still an experience. As a result of this, I do tend to find that I perhaps end up jumping head first into things without perhaps thinking them through fully. 
I suppose I can be quite secretive. There are things that have happened in my past that I don’t like to share. Some people that I have known for years and have good friendships with haven’t been privy to certain secrets. 
I don’t think I’m difficult to understand. What you see is what you get with me, but perhaps I can come across as a little mysterious from the outside. But once you get me talking - I’m quite open.
Another true point. Tend to just keep myself to  myself. But I do get a bit more vocal and fidgety when I get excited or tense. The point after that, is also valid for me. Even when I’m just dossing around the house, I find it difficult to mince around in tatty clothes. 
Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Again, all pretty accurate. Honesty is something that I like to pride myself in. I find it very hard to be dishonest, and hold certain stigma towards those that revolve a life around dishonesty and lies. 
The next two points can go hand in hand. Whenever possible I do try to tactfully spare people’s feelings when it is due. But I also don’t like to feather foot around an issue if it needs to be addressed - tough love I call it, but I have been described as being “blunter than a brick to the face”.
I’m moody when moody is due. But most of the time it’s just an Englishman’s patriotic grump. Completely normal. Completely stereotypical.
Since I think I’ve been approached by pretty much every scrounging bum of an alcoholic that roams Newcastle city centre for money, cigarettes, a kick in the face…etc; I am probably approachable. But then I may just look like an easy target for a quick scrounge. Wrong. I sympathise where sympathy is due, but when you’ve spent the day getting your alcohol addiction satisfied at the expense of your bus fair home, get out of my grill.
There’s a saying: “you can’t change a first impression”. This is wrong. You can. Just put some effort into it. Then I will change my impression of you. I don’t like to judge the book by it’s cover - but we all do. It’s called human nature.
I can be wary of things that look quite dodgy, and although I perhaps won’t comment on it, I do take pride in how sharply I can pick up on and read situations. I guess that comes from hanging out with the ‘wrong crowd’ as a youngster. This makes me quite street smart. 
I suppose it can be hard working. When I put my mind to something, like today’s blog (it is starting to drag on a bit, I apologise, but we’ve got this far), I tend to finish it. No matter how big, I hate the feeling of leaving something half-done. 
I seriously DO NOT love to be alone. I like to have independence, but that is something totally different. 
I have spent the best part of the last 2 years living in the past, but I moved on. Just as life does. Onto bigger and better things.
Not aggressive unless provoked. That is pretty spot on. My temperament is extremely mild mannered and I have the patience of a saint. I guess that comes from growing up as the oldest in the family and always being around younger siblings. 
There are other points which I haven’t bothered to comment on, simply because I am aware that this is starting to drag a tipple. But I shall leave this edition on a light manner.
Went for the recording of my interview at the BBC TV Centre yesterday. Incredibly nerve racking. But it was a totally new experience and completely enjoyable. Whitworth also suggested the possibility of my disembodied voice making an appearance live on Radio 5’s breakfast show as a guest debating the same issue of Game Piracy. I do feel as though I have bitten off slightly more than I can chew. Uhoh.
No matter, like always, I guess I’ll just take it in my stride. The Newsbeat report will be aired on Friday throughout the whole day on Radio 1. Whitworth has promised that he will edit my interview into 30 seconds of ‘Radio Gold’. I find this doubtful, but you make your own assumptions this Friday on Radio 1. Enjoy. 
And I hope I haven’t wasted to much of your valuable time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment