Tuesday 8 February 2011

When life throws you a shit; throw it right back.

Got some bad news yesterday. My application for my first choice of university was unsuccessful. A lot of my closest friends attend this university and I’ve been there a lot, so I know the campus well.
The reason for my application falling through was because of the quality of my GCSE Maths grade, or lack there of. I think this is understandable, as I am pretty dismal at Mathematics - unfortunately, my chosen career path is in ICT. So this presents quite a problem.
Hopefully, not all is lost; I still haven’t yet heard back from my second choice university, which has a lower entry grade specifications, plus it’s 5 minutes down the road from where I live. So the metaphorical turd, as not yet hit the metaphorical fan.
This has made me rethink my future path in life. It has forced me to consider apprenticships and perhaps a different career path, more suited to my level of academic metrits. The thing is, in this day and age the option of me to re-take my maths is off the table entirely, thanks to the Con-Dem’d government and their spectacular policy on Tuition fees in both College and University.
Something peculiar happened to me today. My bus was not only on time, but actually early! This has made me come to the conclusion that the world is in fact due to end in 2012. The evidence is irrefutable! Birds mysteriously falling from the sky all over the planet, major flooding and severe weather systems on every continent in the world AND my bus arriving on time! Perhaps it is time to accept the truth. The Aztecs got it right all them thousands of years ago, they didn’t merely just get bored of adding years in advance onto their calenders in the hope that archaeologists in the future wouldn’t notice the peculiar date they stopped on.
So that about rounds off my second blog, as my little boy has noticed that I haven’t been paying him any attention for the past 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment